Who should get a flu vaccine?
- Pregnant women
- Children younger than 5, but especially children younger than 2 years old
- People 50 years of age and older People of any age with certain chronic medical conditions
- People who live in nursing homes and other long–term care facilities
- People who live with or care for those at high risk for complications from flu, including:
- Health care workers
- Household contacts of persons at high risk for complications from the flu
- Household contacts and out of home caregivers of children less than 6 months of age (these children are too young to be vaccinated)
Click the picture above for more information about Forsyth County's Flu Shot program.
Flu shots are also available at the Guilford County Department of Public Health, for a fee. An appointment is necessary. Please see their page here for additional information.