Monday, August 23, 2010

Hello, Piedmont Triad! and Fourth of July Park

Hello Piedmont Triad!  I'm Jessica, and I have an etsy shop, where I sell my own handmade jewelry and artistic photos.  When I started blogging, my intention was to be etsy focused.  The marketplace is filled with talented artisans selling handmade and vintage items, and I can easily blog about something etsy everyday.

I'm also the mom of two girls, the older will be six in a few days, the younger turned two last month.  As a mom, I'm always on the lookout for fun activities for the girls.  I found myself blogging  about our days, and I even made a point of visiting a different local park each time to add variety to my blog.  At the beginning, I thought I wouldn't have enough to talk about.  I quickly found that I had a lot to talk about... but one topic (etsy stuff) didn't really meld with the other topic (Triad Living), and it is time to separate the two.

As an independent artist myself, I truly believe in supporting other indie artists,  local farmers markets, small business owners... this blog will focus a lot on those aspects of Triad Living.  As for local indie artists, those are easy to find!  Etsy has a shop local page, making it easy to find local artisans.  I'll have an etsy love feature each week! 

I grew up in Winston-Salem, NC and we now live in Kernersville, which is truly the "Heart of the Triad".  From where I live now, I can get to Winston-Salem or Greensboro in less than twenty minutes.  Kernersville is a beautiful, family oriented town that has perfect parks,  and I've written about most of them on my "other" blog over the last few weeks.  Please bear with me as I import these previous posts onto Piedmont Triad Living.  I'll get all the importing done and over with, and then we'll be LIVE in the Piedmont Triad!

Soul Energy: Fourth of July Park: "Truly, one of our favorite places in the whole wide world... Fourth of July Park! We live in a small town of 22,000 people, located between..."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog